Small Steps SFP (“We“) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions and any other documents referred to in them) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Small Steps SFP of 166 Roehampton Lane, London SW15 4HR.
1. Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.smallsteps.org.uk (our Website). This includes, where applicable, information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our Website and the resources that you access.
2. Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
3. Uses made of the information
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service and may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To improve our products and services.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you using the email provided to us, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise our Website according to your interests.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, where available and when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
This Website uses Google Analytics to gather statistical information, and in particular to keep a track of what pages our users are visiting most frequently and to help us accurately estimate the number of visitors to the website and volumes of usage. For more information on how Google Analytics processes this information, visit www.google.com/analytics.
4. Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Small Steps SFP or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its subscribers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Small Steps SFP or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
5. Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the Website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at 166 Roehampton Lane, London SW15 4HR or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, partners and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
6. Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held about you, please write to Small Steps SFP, 166 Roehampton Lane, London SW15 4HR or email@example.com.
Small Steps SFP
Registered Office 166 Roehampton Lane, London SW15 4HR
Company Registration No 8353635 Registered in England and Wales Registered Charity No 1150651
Tel: 020 8704 5935 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org www.smallsteps.org.uk